Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel – Symbol of Unity
In year of 2010 when Narendra Modi was the Chief Minister of Gujarat had first announced the Statue of unity. In October 2013 its contract was given to engineering company L & T.
Sardar Patel Statue is the largest statue in the word with the height of 182 meters Located on a river island called ‘Sadhu Bet’. A 250-metre long bridge provides to connect a Iceland.
- The ‘Statue of Unity’ – a monument of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was inaugurated on Wednesday, 31st October 2018 i.e the 143rd birth anniversary of the Iron Man of India.
- At a cost of Rs. 2,989 crore the Sardar Patel Statue has been built.
- The Statue of Sardar Patel has been designed by Padma Bhushan winning sculptor Ram V Sutar.
- When the statue is open for Public, government expect around 15,000 visitors each day.
- The museum has been build inside the Statue with the 40,000 documents, 2,000 photographs related to Sardar Patel’s life.
Interesting facts about Statue of Unity
- Worked at expense of around INR 3,000 Crores. Worked over a time of 5 years, which included arranging and development, it took in excess of 3,000 workers to build the statue .
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Rashtriya Ekta Trust was developed to monitor this whole project, and they arranged 129 tonnes of iro under ‘Loha’ campaign.
- The statue can survive wind up to 60m/s and Tolarance earthquake up to 6.5 on Richter scale.
- The unique sculptor is designed by the Padma Bhushan awarde Ram V Sutar and bronze cladding work is carried out by the Chinese foundry, Jiangxi Toqine Company.
- The viewing gallery of the statue, at a height of 153 meters, can hold up to 200 visitors, providing a amazing view of Narmada Dam.
- Statue of Unity has a three-layered structure. The inner layer is made of reinforced cement concrete, the middle layer is a steel structure and the outer layer is 8mm bronze cladding.
- Statue is one of the major Tourist Destinations in Gujarat, the statue has four lifts in the legs of the statue which can carry 26 people each.
- The statue is visible from a distance of 7 kilometres.
History of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Born: 31 October, 1875 in Nadiad
Death: 15 December. 1950 in Bombay
Full Name: Valabhbhai Javerbhai Patel
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Known as the “Iron Man of India”. He was the first Home Minister of Independent India in year of 1947 and also a Minister of Information and Broadcasting.
“At the season of independence, India was separated into numerous parts mainly territories rules.”
Every district was ruled by the Kings. Around then every ruler needs their own nation and would prefer not to be join into one country.
Around then it was Sardar Patel who requested armed force to battle with the king and their armed force of areas and annihilation them and make them to form a single country.
It was after his exertion that every one of the rulers were vanquished and were prepared to frame a solitary nation name “India”. This was his commitment amid an opportunity to frame one nation.
Our present Prime Minister Narendra Modi think about him his object of worship and making a major statue for the regard of Sardar Patel.