- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s(or Master’s)degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Available to work full time for 12-14 weeks during the summer from May 2019 to August 2019 or June 2019 to September 2019.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, Go or Python.
- Experience leading entrepreneurial efforts, outreach within organizations and/or project management experience through class projects, clubs or internships.
- Returning to a degree program after the internship.
- Experience writing code and contributing to open source projects.
- Analytical and solution-oriented background, with great people skills and structured problem solving capabilities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well as effective analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
About the job
Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You’re equally at home explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your technical and leadership expertise, you run Engineering-focused projects that are well-defined under supervision.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Work with Google Engineering teams to design, develop, implement, launch, and support new services and enhancements to existing services.
- Develop and execute plans under a set of implementation and delivery time constraints, optimizing for a blend of cost, schedule, and features.
- Collect and analyze relevant data and take actions accordingly.
- Facilitate broad collaboration with clear communications and documentation.