We are seeking an Indirect Senior Tax Accountant for our Dallas, TX location:
- The Indirect Tax Senior will lead indirect tax audits, assist with the defense of tax positions taken by the Company, and prepare responses to indirect taxing authorities.
- Assist with the timely preparation and review of outsourced sales and use tax returns, VAT, sales tax registrations, property tax assessments, business licenses, and annual reports as required.
- Report directly to the Indirect Tax Senior Manager.
- Prepare and review indirect tax financial statement accounts reconciliations.
- Develop and implement indirect tax process and procedures.
- Assist with the implementation of indirect tax special projects, including internal research and analysis on a variety of indirect tax issues.
- Assist with developing training material to be deployed to key functions within the business.
- Work effectively with indirect tax outside service providers and indirect tax auditors.
- Team with internal groups within the Company such as accounting, IT, and legal departments.
- Effectively represent the indirect tax group in business advisory meetings.
- Review and optimize ERP processes and data extraction reports for indirect tax.
- Tax engine system (e.g. Vertex / Avalara) testing, report development, and data extraction.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BA/BS Degree in accounting, finance, business, economics or related field.
- Required licensed CPA.
- Master of Accounting (Tax).
- 5+ years prior experience.
- Relevant experience in Big 4 accounting firm a plus.
- Prior experience with indirect taxes required.