USA Triathlon – Colorado Springs, CO
USA Triathlon’s mission is to grow, inspire and support the triathlon community. This position will implement human resources and governance for USA Triathlon. Our people are our greatest asset, so this person will be responsible with delivering an industry-leading employee experience. This role will report to the Sport Program/HR Director.
• Creates job postings, promotes and recruits candidates for open positions, monitors resumes, distributes resumes to hiring manager, responds to applicants’ inquiries, and manages the interview process.
• Communicates with applicants, including scheduling interviews, appropriate follow up and generating offer letters.
• Administers background check process for employment candidates including: immediately communicating results to hiring manager if clean report is received; if adverse results are received, consults with the Sport Program/HR Director.
• Collects and ensures completion of all required new hire paperwork; Creates and maintains HR files ensuring accuracy, confidentiality and compliance with State and Federal record keeping requirements; completes filing on a routine basis to ensure that all pertinent items are in the appropriate personnel file.
• Manages on-boarding checklist, coordinates new employee on-boarding sessions and creates necessary materials.
• Oversight of staff policy handbook, including updates as policies change.
• Administers employee health and welfare plans and acts as liaison between employees and insurance providers.
• Resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans.
• Assists in organizational training and development efforts.
• Coordinates the exit interview program by distributing and collecting surveys and sending information to the Sport Program/HR Director.
• Initial contact for unemployment claims; provides necessary information to third party vendor.
• Maintains Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records and compiles reports from the database as needed.
• Maintains the employee directory.
• Answers general inquiries regarding employment opportunities, verbal verification’s of employment, etc.
• Coordinate separation process to ensure compliance with State and Federal requirements.
• Assists the Sport Program/HR Director with various research projects and/or specific department projects.
• Payroll processing.
• Governance organizational support.
• Liaison with HR legal advisors.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
• At least two years of general human resources experience
• SHRM certification or PHR preferred
• Accustomed to multitasking and meeting multiple tight deadlines.
• Intermediate knowledge of HRIS (USAT uses Namely), word processing, and spreadsheet software.
• Solid working knowledge of general human resource functions and procedures.
• Ability to communicate with employees and managers regarding confidential situations and maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and communication skills as demonstrated in cover letter and resume
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Full-time position located in Colorado Springs, CO. Comprehensive benefits package including 401K, Medical/dental/vision and life insurance.
Submit cover letter, resume to include salary history/requirements, and a list of 3 professional references
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.