What does a Best Buy Google Expert do?
The Google Expert is responsible for delivering an end-to-end Google Experience across all aspects of the Google ecosystem. This role will achieve sales targets in units, revenue, margin, and solutions and ensures that no customers are ever left unserved or underserved, providing velocity, full-service, and solutions support to customers. The Google Expert must be able to build quality relationships with retail consumers, while providing them with relevant and memorable product demonstrations. They are Google and Best Buy certified in taking complex technology and making it simple for clients to understand and see unique value. When not actively working with a customer, the Google Expert will be responsible for building relationships, coaching and training with their store and surrounding stores, sharing their vast knowledge of the Google ecosystem with sales consultants throughout the store.
Job responsibilities include:
- Engage customers using selling skills to complete sales, drive profitable growth and achieve their Google/individual goals with a focus on providing sales support in the department.
- Use innovative customer engagement and creative sales techniques to increase sales of Google Ecosystem products throughout the store.
- Able to take complex technology and experiences and make it simple for customers and other employees.
- Field questions about product features and explains benefits to consumers to engage and excite them by showing how the right products can enrich their lives.
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge within new technology, mobile product, advanced experience zone product and across the Google ecosystem.
- Support Google sales readiness to service customers throughout the day; primarily ensuring Google display maintenance and verifying in-store product assortment/pricing.
- Communicate general maintenance needs to Merchandise Team who will have primary responsibility daily for merchandise standards and clean/bright.
- Act as trusted subject matter expert, brand advocate, and product champion for Google product assortment.
- Coach store employees to elevate knowledge of offerings and improve confidence in selling Google solutions to customers.
- Direct interaction and constant feedback on new and existing product, and customer engagement through calls and in person with Google partner and market teams.
- Provide weekly insights and experiences, performance of the Google Experience, promotions, and sales best practices.
- Interact with other Google Experts across the U.S. on best practices.
What are the Professional Requirements of a Best Buy Google Expert?
- 3 months of experience in sales, customer service or retail
- 6 months experience selling wireless services, handsets or accessories
- 1 year of sales experience
- 1 year of experience working with consumer electronics