- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of internal or external consulting experience, audit or compliance in financial services, fintech or payments field.
- Master’s degree.
- CAMS certification.
- Experience with common controls frameworks; risk assessments, threat modeling and vulnerability management programs; and/or software, systems and solutions development and delivery.
- Ability to write basic SQL queries.
About the job
The Google Compliance team makes sure that our business is always consistent with the current financial regulations. Comprised of master jugglers, this team balances Google’s legal and compliance requirements with the dynamic needs of our users and the values of our company. As part of this team, you proactively identify pain points and gaps in existing policy frameworks and find innovative solutions. You develop efficient compliance systems and work with teams to implement these across the organization. You are thorough in all you do and see to it that as Google pursues our next big idea, we always have our bases covered.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Deliver project reporting utilizing tools to track planning, scheduling, issues, risks and overall status of compliance efforts and remediation.
- Be fully accountable of the Payments Compliance Training program – content, delivery and tracking. Keep up with industry trends and regulatory enforcement actions.
- Assist with basic SQL queries, dashboards and metrics reporting.
- Present executive level updates on Compliance status and strategy and build out the Compliance Governance, Training and PMO function.
- Publish ongoing project status, identify and manage project issues/risks, facilitate escalations when needed to senior management. Manage project communications overall.